Disk Drill is a unique data recovery tool that has been developed for purposes of enabling users to migrate to advanced ways of recovering files that have been deleted accidentally or even purposefully. The tool is able to recover lost files in part or in full in a few clicks.
Disk Drill comes with an amazing user interface and an easy to use platform. Within a few clicks, you can recover a wide pool of files. You can use the tool to recover as many files as you want and as often as you want. Major examples of files that you can recover using the tool are images, videos, audios and documents.
The software has for quite some time proven to be a reliable tool for the recovery of files of various kinds on a number of operating platforms. It is available on windows, android and MAC OS. The features for the software on all the platforms that it is compatible with are the same.
The software is actually free. You do not need to pay anything to be able to download it to your device. But, it has both a free version and a paid version. You can upgrade to the paid version (usually labelled as pro) if you want to gain access to the full features of the software.
The software also has additional features which are not related to data recovery. This is actually what makes it different from other data recovery tools. Most importantly, it comes with the backup feature which enables users to back up their files as soon as they have recovered them. This feature is also available on all the app platforms and is also free.
There is more to the Disk Drill than just data recovery and data backup. For example, it comes with duplicate finder, which is a feature incorporated into the app for purposes of locating duplicate files and getting rid of them. There is also the recovery drive feature which enables users to create their own bootable USB drives for the app.
Other additional features of the app that are worth mentioning are Disk Health, Mac Cleanup and the duplicate finder. These are necessary for the continued monitoring of the health of the disk by checking for irregularities on the disk, locating duplicate files, freeing up disk space as often as the need arises and removing them respectively.
|Disk Drill for Windows 4.5.616 Aug 4, 2022||
* Improvements: Multiple file signatures within Deep Scan optimized
* Improvements: Deep Scan speed slightly advanced on hard disk drives
* Improvements: Minor UI updates
* Fixes: Interface module could crash when system UI scaling was changed
|Disk Drill for Windows 4.3.586 Jun 17, 2021||
* A new centralized Settings menu has been assembled for your utter convenience
* The recovered files are now comprehensively listed with their recovery statuses
* Deep Scan now processes only empty space on disk to save time
* Disk Drill can now estimate the recovery chances for each recoverable file, when you use All recovery methods, Quick or Deep scan
* Disk Drill can find existing as well as deleted files in Trash and Recycle Bin on FAT32, exFAT and NTFS volumes
* “Generating thumbnails…” status is now displayed after scanning with the info on how many files were already processed
* Disk Drill improves restoration of the original file names during Quick and Deep scan
* S.M.A.R.T. monitoring is greatly improved in general as well as its support for many specific devices including Seagate SSD, Kingston SA400, ADATA 650U, SanDisk SSD, KIOXIA SATA SSD, Goldenfir SATA SSD, Seagate BarraCuda SSD, Apacer AS350, YMTC SATA SSD, KLEVV NEO N610 SSD
* S.M.A.R.T. monitoring is now much better at reading the SSD life and health parameters as well as Helium Level for hard disk drives
* Disk Drill properly detects when FAT32 volume is disconnected and stops the ongoing scan
* Greatly improved detection of lost NTFS volumes and files based on recoverable MFT entries
* FAT32 volumes are scanned much faster and more efficiently thanks to optimized operations for file name resolving
* Now Disk Drill works even better with compressed NTFS volumes
* Greatly improved Deep Scan of ExFAT volumes with a vast amount of deleted and existing data
* Improved usability during scan of partitions encrypted with BitLocker
* Deep Scan works even better with damaged NTFS drives – improved meta-data processing
* Deep Scan can now find and display deleted files on NTFS partitions encrypted with BitLocker
* Multiple improvements when filtering recoverable items
* Optimized recovery from NTFS partitions when parsing files with the same file locators and incorrect NTFS conditions when file data wasn’t properly stored on a disk
* Fixed file selection in the list of recoverable items when folders contained entries with the same filename
* Optimized and revised Deep Scan for such file formats as TIFF, PSD, TTF, JPG, MOV, PDF, DOC
* Files with long names are displayed properly in Hex view
* Improved Byte-to-Byte Backup module usability
* Minor tweaks in Disk Drill’s interface for even better user experience: more file details when previewing videos, better informer on disconnected devices, etc.
* Improved recovery of files with corrupted sector records when deep-scanning NTFS partitions
* Detection of Insta360 One X2 file signatures within Deep Scan
* Disks with hardware issues are now marked red in the Disk List
* Deep Scan now recovers files encoded with H.265, XAVC codec
* Disk Drill now properly reads S.M.A.R.T. parameters for drives inaccessible via PhysicalDriveID
* NTFS Quick Scan improvements for different types of volumes and recovery scenarios
* Improved file selection – it is now disabled when the current disk is disconnected or filtering returns an empty result
* Improved detection of improper exFAT volumes
* Improved detection of drives disconnected during file recovery phase
* Improved selection of recoverable items in saved scanning sessions
|Disk Drill for Windows 4.2.568 Feb 23, 2021||
* Completely revamped NTFS scanning and recovery module restores more data from formatted drives, corrupted partitions, and other critical data loss cases
* NTFS scanning now supports compressed volumes
* Fluent disk backup progress indication
* Recovery Vault data protection initiation
* Preview of recoverable files in cases of multiple storage device disconnects while scanning
* NTFS scanning status messages
* Multiple improvements and fixes when choosing recovery destination folder
* PUB files recovery for Microsoft Publisher documents
* Deep-scanning for MSI (MS Windows Installer format recovery), DOC (MS Word), and PDF (Portable Document Format) file formats
* Installation routines and verification of required files when upgrading from previous versions of Disk Drill
* Connection status tracking for scanned storage devices
* Disk Drill deinstallation and back-end cleanup
* Full target recovery location shown on hover in the final steps of the scanning process
* 32-bit systems will not scan past 1 million items due to RAM constraints
* Crash when deleting scan session files from read-only drives
* A bunch of other crashes while scanning and running the recovery phase
* Crash when starting Disk Drill while its config file was blocked by another process
* Crash while recovering RAF files (Fujifilm RAW image data)
* Occasional crashes while searching for lost partitions
* Crash when reading and updating S.M.A.R.T. disk data
* Random crashes when recovering from NTFS drives with enabled compression flags
Last month's downloads
Last week's downloads
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is an easy-to-use and all in one free file recovery software for home users. With this most effective free file recovery tool, you do not need to have technical ...
... and categorizes all your data into file type for easy backup. Easy-to-use GUI. Save your backups as ... CD/DVD. Burn your backups to optical media. Clone disk and partition. Quickly clone disks/partitions by processing only ...
MoboPlay is your all-in-one solution for managing Android and iOS devices from computer. Manage, ... Discover and download your favorite apps and games for FREE. Support Are you having questions or problems? ...
|1||Ashampoo WinOptimizer 2017|
|3||Copy Path to Clipboard|
|4||Simple Sticky Notes|
|6||Wise Disk Cleaner|
|10||Disk Drill for Windows|
|11||Wise Registry Cleaner|
|15||Chameleon Startup Manager Lite|