DOS was a powerful, efficient and high-performance Operating System that was used in different old hardware, systems and traditional PCs. Later on, the modern hardware and devices were introduced that captured the attention of the users. Today, DOSBox is available to give you support in connecting your new hardware and systems with the older versions of DOS.
Nowadays, there is a big problem faced by the professional users while running old DOS on the modern devices, laptops and modified PC. But, if you use DOSBox which is an emulator program, you can easily connect, run and monitor old and new together. This program comes with dozens of additional specs, features and superb plug-ins that always support the programmers to make the DOS compatible with a variety of the latest devices and hardware.
The endless usability and improvements in the DOSBox have been added to make it a 100% compatible, useful and effective emulator program that is absolutely free of cost to use. DOSBox has also loaded this program with plenty of new and attractive features. If you use DOSBox, you will be able to use the virtual hard drives, screencasting, screen capture and peer-to-peer networks.
After the release of May 2010, there has been no official updated version of the DOSBox. But you will be able to view and enjoy the best and most recent versions of this emulator program very soon. It is often asked that why the professionals, developers and the large companies need the DOSBox, while they have the best operating systems and the latest hardware on the global markets. Actually, DOS is a superb and world’s top operating system for video games and animation movies.
That is why the game developers and professional companies seek the latest version of DOSBox to run their new hardware for developing video games and other programs. This new application makes the DOS completely and easily compatible with all types of the modern devices, machines and hardware.
|DOSBox 0.74.3 Jul 3, 2019||
Fixed that a very long line inside a bat file would overflow the parsing buffer. (CVE-2019-7165 by Alexandre Bartel)
Added a basic permission system so that a program running inside DOSBox can't access the contents of /proc (e.g. /proc/self/mem) when / or /proc were (to be) mounted. (CVE-2019-12594 by Alexandre Bartel)
Several other fixes for out of bounds access and buffer overflows.
Some fixes to the OpenGL rendering.
|DOSBox 0.74.2 Sep 3, 2018||
Rewrite auto/max cycles algorithm to work better with windows 7, other OSes might benefit as well.
Update 64bit recompiler to work on OSX and Linux.
Several improvements to make the recompilers work with newer compilers and add some workarounds about clang confusing itself.
Fix several variables being the wrong size in the recompiler.
|DOSBox 0.74 May 19, 2010||
* Several small game specific fixes/hacks/support. (Offensive, Roadhog, GTA installer, Kingdom O' Magic soundcard detection, Pirate booter, Armored Fist installer)
* Add the S3-specific 640x480 256 color mode. (fixes regression in "Wooden Ships and Iron Men" and "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream")
* Fix a stack overflow that could crash DOSBox.
* Add fake microphone input. (fixes Talking Parrot)
* Modify adlib turn off code, so that it doesn't turn off in cases where the same sound is repeated over and over again.
* Several small fixes to the CDROM audio code.(HOMM2, Redneck Rampage and others)
* Several improvements to the CDROM emulation code. (fixes Alpha Storm and GT Racing 97)
* Some small CPU fixes that might fix something.
* Handle opcode 0xff subcode 7 as invalid instruction. (fixes dif-2 & others)
* Some hercules fixes. (Testdrive)
* Improve support for blanked parts that wrap around to the start of the screen. (fixes Magic Circle d
Last month's downloads
Last week's downloads
|1||Software Ideas Modeler|
|5||Easy Code for MASM|
|12||Visual Studio Code|