For many people, the task of software management is something left for the robots in their computers to perform. However, having the FileHippo App Manager on your PC gives you better control of the software programs in your computer, and ultimately gives you control of your PC security.
On installation of FileHippo App Manager, it collects information of your computers operating system, the list of programs and their versions in order to better manage the software programs. The software program takes about 2MB to download and seconds to start up. It works on almost all Window versions. An icon of FileHippo manager is placed in your system tray and on hovering over it with a mouse you are shown the available updates.
After scanning your PC the update checker will send the data to FileHippo.com who will detect for any new updates and show them on your browser window from where you can download them. The user interface is attractive and even allows you to select your preferred color. You can also download and install updates inside the program.
As with most software’s trending, FileHippo App Manager supports multiple languages and gives you the option to specify custom location. This is important for people who like their software organized and may prefer a different installation location.
On double clicking the updates you are redirected to a results page on your default browser. On the results page you will see all the programs that have been detected on your computer; both the up-to-date and the outdated ones. There is a further installation path and newest versions for the outdated programs and you can effortlessly trigger the updates.
This software programs is perfect for updates for chat clients, media players, and others although it doesn’t automatically check for updates for all installed programs. From FileHippo scan settings you can add a custom folder so that the update checker can also check other folders for outdated software instead of just the default install folders.
|FileHippo App Manager 2.0 Beta 4 May 18, 2017||
This version has a lot of 'under the hood' fixes:
- Vast improvement in how communication errors are handled
- Better handling of file download errors
- Improved installer
- Improved how settings are preserved when doing an upgrade from a previous version
- Improved how the data for installed applications is collected
- Fixed a bug with custom scan locations, where setting Intelliscan didn't work correctly
- Fixed a bug with proxy passwords not being saved
- Fixed a bug with saving proxy address/username
- Fixed some Windows 10 specific issues
- Fixed a bug which sometimes greyed out the 'Ignore' button for certain updates
- Fixed a bug which sometimes shows a notification popup for 0 updates
- Display options are now saved between scans and remembered after a reboot
- Various other minor bug fixes.
Last month's downloads
Last week's downloads
SiSoftware Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is an information & diagnostic utility. It should provide most of the information (including undocumented) you need to know about your hardware, ...
|1||ApkInstaller for PC|
|2||Media Creation Tool x64|
|5||System Information Viewer|
|7||MoboPlay for PC|
|11||Media Creation Tool|
|13||Universal USB Installer|
|14||EaseUS Todo Backup Free|
|15||Bluetooth Driver Installer|