NSIS is a free professional open source software for Windows. It lets users create Windows installers for other programs. NSIS stands for Nullsoft Scriptable Install System, which summarizes what this software can do. Developed by Nullsoft, the company behind the well-known media player Winamp, this software makes the creation of installers an easy and guided task. For app developers, NSIS can help create that desirable “first impression” that users will have with their software.
Among NSIS’s features, it includes the ability to install, uninstall, configure settings, and extract files. Being script-based, NSIS allows you to create simple and complex programs, all based on your expertise with code. The application does not add more weight to the installers that you create, unlike existing installer creators which can add hundreds of kilobytes to the installer. NSIS boasts carrying an overhead size of only 34 kilobytes. The installer works with several versions of Windows.
From the installer, you can configure all steps of the installation. You will have the option to utilize a classic or modern wizard interface, and have full customization from background colors to button styles. You can also make your installer support multiple languages, choosing from 40 translations which include Arabic and Hebrew. You can also add your own translations for a fully customized feel. You are also given the option to add a license agreement at the beginning of the install process, which is part of standard protocol anyway.
Some installers are based on files and registry keys, but NSIS draws its installation from script language. This enables users to form codes that can perform commands of greater extent. Some features that users can create from script are custom logic, upgrades, and version checks. Plug-ins are designed to communicate with the installer. These can be created through coding software like C, C++ and Delphi, and can be compressed into the installer. NSIS will not have issues translating your code. It has its own virtual machine (VM) that can support shortcut creation, executable execution, error checking, and reboot support.
|NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) 3.03 Jan 29, 2018||
- Added more NSD controls and macros (RFE #543)
- Added !gettlbversion
- Library TLB and VxD version support on POSIX (patch #284)
- Added System plug-in v2 syntax option
- Added System plug-in B and H types
- Added IntPtrCmp, IntPtrCmpU, and IntPtrOp
- Added Int64Cmp, Int64CmpU and Int64Fmt (64-bit only)
- Added IntOp and System::Int64Op >>> operator
- Added more !define /math operators
- Added WinVer.nsh IsDomainController (patch #286)
- Plug-ins now set the ASLR, DEP, LAA, NOSEH and TS PE flags (bug #1188)
- MakeNSIS exits with code 0 for various information commands (bug #1193)
- Removed unused NSD_LB_Clear macro parameter
- Added Tatar (patch #281)
- Fixed and updated Scottish Gaelic (patch #285, bug #1197)
- Updated Italian (bug #1194)
- Added support for Python 3
- Dropped support for Python 2.6 and older
|NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) 3.01 May 26, 2017||Released on December 11th, 2016|
Last month's downloads
Last week's downloads
|1||ApkInstaller for PC|
|2||ASUS Fan Xpert|
|3||Media Creation Tool x64|
|4||Portable Glary Utilities|
|13||7-Zip (x64 bit)|