Universal Extractor is used to extract a variety of archives like 7-zip, ACE, GZIP, RAR, ZIP, TAR, ARJ and a lot more. Aside from that, it can also be used to unpack files from installation packages. Unpacking Windows Installer Package files, for example, is easy to do, as well as unpacking the latest Firefox release. What’s helpful about this? You might find a better installer inside the pack or you maybe you can run the application without installing everything into your system. You can also bypass third party offers that are in the installer or you can directly access contents instead of running an executable file. Take for instance some Ebooks, some ebooks are distributed not in native ebook formats but as executable files instead. The Universal Extractor can easily extract the ebook file and you can open it in a reader application that you have in your system.
This application has a right click menu where in you can also add menu entries. You can extract files, extract an archive in the same directory or extract it in a sub directory.
You can easily download Universal Extractor from its homepage too. There, you can download an installer for Windows, it also has a portable version which has a source code of the application for you to take a closer look. And as the name of the program says, it can only extract archives, it cannot make them. The installation is just a standard installation, though there are some options for configuration that you can play with, it is probably best if you stick with the default settings.
Using this program is really helpful, you would only need this program instead of downloading multiple programs that you will use for different types of file formats. The User interface is just small and has nothing really special if you are looking for a nice looking user interface. It is also easy to figure out that even new users won’t have a problem using this tool. You just simply select a file that is archived and then select the destination of the file. Aside from being user friendly, it can extract almost any file format there is, what’s sweeter is it is free to use.
|Universal Extractor 1.6.1 May 12, 2010||
· Added support for environmental variables (eg., specify %temp% for debug dir)
· Added support for XZ compressed files and txz/tlz archives via 7-Zip
· Added support for Windows Installer merge modules (.msm) via MsiX
· Added support for NBH files via NBHextract
· Added translations for Armenian, Czeck, Persian (Farsi), Serbian, Swedish
· Changed 7-Zip unpacking behavior; now attempts brute force extraction only after External PEiD scan; change due to aggressive .exe resource extraction in new versions
· Changed Windows installer support (.msi, .msp) to use MsiX instead of msi2xml
· Changed LZMA support to use 7-Zip for extraction
· Changed FEAD support to use PEiD rather than TrID for detection
· Changed following formats to call 7z by name (also see 7-Zip debug comment): bz2, chm, gz, tar, Z this is mostly for code cleanup; functionality should be the same
· Fixed InstallShield 5.x regression in 1.6 preventing successful extraction
Last month's downloads
Last week's downloads
InnoExtractor is a powerful application that helps you to unpack Inno Setup installers using InnoUnp technology. With InnoExtractor you can explore the internal structure and content of the installer and ...
IZArc is the best freeware archive utility supporting many archive formats like: 7-ZIP, A, ACE, ARC, ARJ, B64, BH, BIN, BZ2, BZA, C2D, CAB, CDI, CPIO, DEB, ENC, GCA, GZ, GZA, ...
... all-purpose free ZIP files utility and free RAR extractor for Windows, Linux, and BSD. The program freatures a powerful unified GUI that, unlike most of other classic file archivers like ...
|1||ApkInstaller for PC|
|2||ASUS Fan Xpert|
|3||Media Creation Tool x64|
|5||Ultimate Windows Tweaker|
|8||Portable Glary Utilities|
|13||7-Zip (x64 bit)|